[mythtv-users] Newbie Question

Jim Nickel jim at digitaldigs.ca
Thu Jun 17 17:16:44 EDT 2004

1.  You would need 2 receivers - however, even with one receiver you can
watch a pre-recorded show from the MythTV box, and still record another
from your satelite at the same time - assuming a powerful enough PC (Read
at least 1 Ghz)

2.  Yes...client/server - they talk to each other over TCP/IP so you can
use any networking you like - ethernet, wireless etc.  Ethernet is the most
common

3. No - They both use Linux, however, different software packages are
needed on the frontend then the backend.  Most people have the frontend and
backend running on the same computer.  You can even use a Xbox as a
frontend to play back video.  You can also access the system via a web
browser from any computer in the world (assuming a internet hookup).

Jim