[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport doesn't transcode entire movie

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jun 17 14:06:03 EDT 2004

> I edited lilo.conf to add this line and ran lilo (is
> this sufficient for changes to take place, or do I
> have to reboot?)

have to reboot.

> Just before it reported how long the encode lasted and
> it said "Thanks for using nuvexport!", I happened to
> be watching the processing frames line. It reported
> something out of the ordinary. It was on screen for
> too short a time for me to read, and then the screen
> cleared. Is that text viewable somewhere in a log
> file, or do I have to capture it myself?

no log, and I don't know how capturing stdout will work since nuvexport
runs several different programs at once, but run with --debug and
instead of encoding, nuvexport will print the commands that it uses
(you'll need to do stuff like create the fifodir yourself)..  Run each
of these in a separate console window so you can watch the output of the
individual encoder programs.

-Chris