[mythtv-users] Changing how numbers function in Program Guide

Jim Nickel jim at digitaldigs.ca
Thu Jun 17 13:20:05 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am new to MythTV - but I love it so far.

One thing I am having problems with is the Electronic Program Guide (EPG).
The number buttons on the remote act like page-up/page-down - this is
helpful, but I have other buttons I could move those functions to.  I would
like to be able to punch in a channel number and jump straight to it in the
Guide.  I looked at the Keybindings table in the database and I am somewhat
familiar with lirc (and it's conf files), but I am not sure how to get
MythTV to use the numbers as numbers to change channels instead of what it
is doing now.

Anybody know how to accomplish this?

On a 2nd note, I am Canadian and I noticed that the Zap2it Data does not
have all the PPV's, so I wrote some software to get those into the channels
and program database.  Is anyone else interested in receiving these updates
from my website regularly?

Jim