[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport doesn't transcode entire movie

Timothy.Weaver at at.redbull.com Timothy.Weaver at at.redbull.com
Thu Jun 17 09:11:59 EDT 2004

I had the same problem where nuvexport would seem to finish the reencode
but the resulting file was incomplete.

I setup lm_sensors to see if something strange was happening and noticed my
CPU (P4 2.5GHz) temperature going up during the process. This is common
sense as the CPU will heat up when doing intensive computational work.
Unfortunately, when it got to around 70C, nuvexport would immediately abort
and report the process as successfully completed.

Check your CPU temp during the nuvexport and see if you have a similar
problem.

I am in the process of upgrading to a higher quality cooling to keep the
CPU temperature low. Hopefully that will fix my problem.

PS. I have ffmpeg and all other packages completely updated.