[mythtv-users] version conflicts ivtv mythtv ?

David myth at dgreaves.com
Wed Jun 16 16:10:53 EDT 2004

Marcel Janssen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anyone on this list run mythtv on a 2.6.6 kernel with a PVR-350 ?
>I can't find out which versions of ivtv and mythtv work together on this
>configuration.

I tried 2.6.6 - ivtv #71d failed for me on the osd (black screen with
sound was due to some spooky alpha settings)
I'm holding at 2.6.4 for now.

>Currently I have mythtv 0.15.1 installed and ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck91h.

Aha!!!

the problem you're having is the blood from your bleeding edge driver
getting into the works and gumming things up ;)
The ivtv list has a few comments on that driver - most have the words
"doesn't work" somewhere in them. There's also an 'incompatibility' (bug
would be rude) between Myth and that driver version.

> The
>pvr-350 works (I can record something and X also works). Unfortunately I get
>following message in mythtv, which I can't find the root cause for :
>
>CheckChannel failed. Please verify channel "1" in the "setup" Channel Editor.
>
>Of course I checked the channel editor but that looks fine to me. Perhaps
>knowing "what" actually fails would give me clue where to look for.
>When I try to watch TV I get a black screen,

yep - but with sound? and no OSD - that could be the alpha problem I had.
try ivtvctl and change the alpha to 40...

> so my conclusion so far is that
>this version of ivtv doesn't work well with mythtv-0.15.1, but as mentioned
>above, I can't find out which version is known to work.
>
>Any ideas to get this working appreciated !

I think the highest to go for a stable(ish) box is : 0.15.1, 2.6.4 and #71d

David