[mythtv-users] WinTV 401 w/cx881 chipset

David McKenna David_McKenna at legis.state.ak.us
Wed Jun 16 13:22:41 EDT 2004

Matt- I really didn't have to do any special configuration at all, just
a fresh install of the latest version of KnoppMyth.  The card still
shows as a bttv at boot-time, but somehow it worked.  I messed with
Debian unstable and testing with kernel 2.6, but without success.
Finally, after doing a bunch of research I decided to go with KnoppMyth
as it is constantly evolving.  I'm glad I did as the end result is
great.  Wish I could give you more technical details, but I'm certainly
not a Linux HW wiz.  I'll be glad to give you any config files off of my
machine, though I am using a different card (Hauppuage WinTV Radio
401).  Hope this helps.  DM