Subject: [mythtv-users] widget errors

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at cableone.net
Wed Jun 16 01:46:23 EDT 2004

> Message: 9
> Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:17:03 -0400
> From: "Jeff \"Muddy\" Waters" <mythtvlist at muddysmind.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] widget errors
> To: Mythtv Users <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm going kinda crazy, I upgraded my wife's machine to mandy 10 and
> downloaded the mythtv tarball 15.1 and it compiled and installed just
> fine. However when I tried to run mythfrontend it was looking in
> /usr/share for the mythtv folder, and crashed because it was not
> there.
> So I copied it from /usr/local/share/ and now I'm getting the crash
> below.
>
> I'm lost now as to how to fix this one.
>
> ##########################
> # mythfrontend
> 2004-06-14 23:12:08 mythfrontend version: 0.15.20040525-1
> www.mythtv.org
> 2004-06-14 23:12:08 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
> mythtv: could not connect to socket
> mythtv: No such file or directory
> lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages
> 2004-06-14 23:12:09 Registering Internal as a media playback plugin.
> Couldn't find theme /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default
> Not removing top-most widget

The widget "error" is not your problem. I always get that same message
if I quit the frontend.

Your myth install is borked.

If you are running Mandrake, add thacs rpms along with plf, and the
usual contrib and main sources, and just "urpmi mythtv-suite".

If you need further help, e-mail direct, I'll send you my urpmi config
file.

During the install, urpmi will spit a couple of things in the shell,
like how to create the default database (ignore if you have one) and you
MAY have to reset permissions on the database and on /var/www/html/ to
apache.apache. The services will also have to be set to start. (drakconf
is your friend)

You will be running mythtv-0.15.1, last I checked.