[mythtv-users] mythweb timezone offset

Chris Cox, N0UK chrisc at chris.org
Tue Jun 15 11:20:42 EDT 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Chris Petersen wrote:
> I believe that there is a PHP value to set the timezone offset.

I did a web search for pages related to php and mysql timezones.
It seems that my problem is not that uncommon and is directly related to
mysql not having any session-specific timezone support.  To work around
issues like I have been experiencing requires the php program to
explicitly adjust for multiple timezones when performing SELECTs and
suchlike.  There is a mysql function which can be used to ease the
timezone arithmetic, however, due to the way myth appears to maniplate
date/time variables as separate fields I decided to take the path of least
resistance and simply dump and restore my mythtv database into a dedicated
instance running on the backend box!  I was actually quite surprised at
how easy that was to do.  Do a mass search and replace of the old DB
hostname with the new one in the mysql dump file and then simply redirect
the resultant file into a mysql client session.  It migrated over all of
my db accounts and everything.  Simply updating the
/usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt and ~apache/mythweb/config/conf.php files to
reference the new mysql server and restart mythbackend - smashing!

--
73  Chris Cox  N0UK, G4JEC, ex-AB0CN, ex-G8PTC  RNARS #1157  EN34jv33

chrisc at Chris.Org        Ping Jockey's do it until they HEAR the burn...
  WWW Home Page: http://WWW.Chris.Org/   http://www.pingjockey.net
  Cultural observation:
	Europeans think 100 miles is a long way;
	Americans think 100 years is a long time!
  If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.