[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA as combined Frontend/Backend?

Adam Wood AdamWood at Xephi.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 05:47:10 EDT 2004

I'm using an EPIA-M setup.

To be specific I've got an EPIA-M 6000 which works fine (most of the time).
It was very tricky setting everything up as the cpu load is very high but
with the right software (VIAexp instead of mplayer for 1) and the right
libraries, it is possible.

I've also setup an M10,000 for a friend which was much easier to setup and
nicer to work with. This board hardly ever skips in live TV or stutters when
playing a DVD or MPEG4 file. I don't use mythgame so can't comment and I
don't have a 5.1 SPDIF amp but the board do have the connectors and I've
heard reports saying that it works.

If you do a quick search of this lists archive you'll find reference to a
wiki which gives a great walkthrough for installing Gentoo, as long as
you've got the patience for it.

HTH,

Adam