[mythtv-users] sound but no video

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 14 21:19:54 EDT 2004

Khanh Tran wrote:

>No, Xine is fine in MythVideo.  I'm talking about MythTV and how
>sometimes I get audio, but no video when trying to play back a
>prerecorded show.

Yes, but if you read the referenced posts, you'll see that people using
recent versions of xine (xine 1.0rc4a) have determined that after using
xine (which works), LiveTV and Watch Recordings don't work properly
(give sound but no video) because MythTV doesn't properly handle the Xv
colorkey.  If xine is run again, it works (because it sets the colorkey
properly), but Myth's video output doesn't work until Xv is reset.  As a
workaround (until Myth is fixed), you can explicitly call:

xvattr -a XV_AUTOPAINT_COLORKEY -v 1

after xine exits, at which point, your LiveTV and Watch Recordings will
work.

In other words, if you're using xine 1.0rc4a with the xv video output
driver, "Rebooting 'fixes' the problem for a few days until it suddenly
happens again" when you use xine the next time.