[mythtv-users] Transcoded?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 14 10:54:53 EDT 2004

On Monday 14 June 2004 08:13, Jesper FA wrote:
> Is it possible to see if a program has been transcoded, which format
> it is in, get a list of shows that has not yet been transcoded or
> anything like that? Would be useful to see what is filling up
> diskspace.

Not in the user interface, no.  I use a combination of the "Delete
Programs" screen (which shows file sizes) and a quick playback check
(since I use XvMC, if it hasn't been transcoded it'll be in MPEG-2 and
I'll get a grayscale OSD).

However, this would be a nice addition to the popup menu for a
recording... something like "Recording Info"; would pop up a window
showing:

- Program title, subtitle (& description?)
- file name
- file size
- codec/container info
    - container (MPEG or Nuppel)