[mythtv-users] newbie graphics driver question (MX 440)

Weston, Toby (ELSLON) T.Weston at elsevier.com
Mon Jun 14 04:46:58 EDT 2004

Folks,

Few newbie questions I'm afraid, bear with me, any help much appreciated
though...

I've installed the nVidia 4363 driver from ATrpms (thanks for the previous
posts), it now pops up a nice nVidia splash screen so I assume its working
:\

1. How can I check this, see what driver it is using? because...

2. The lspci command shows my graphics card to be nVidea GeForce 4 MX 440
but the driver it says its using (on the display settings window) says
geforce 4 (generic). Is it going to support the MX 440 features of my card?
Can I change this? I selected geforce 4 MX (generic) from the list (from the
display settings window) and it went a bit weird (lost the splash screen),
but the gfx card is unbranded and so is not on the list explicitly.

3. oh, and I spotted that during the apt-get install mythtv-suite, it
downloaded the next version of the nVidea libs (something like
nvidea-graphics-xxx-libs), this won't conflict with the older version I
installed will it. I figure it won't unless I explicitly set it up but there
must be a reason why apt-get downloaded it?

My Kernel is 4.22-1.2188 from ATrpms :)

Thanks in advance,
Toby