[mythtv-users] ALSA 1.0.x lost capture ability

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Sun Jun 13 19:23:46 EDT 2004

I think the issue here is that the Audigy have several capture sources
and from looking at my Audigy 2 alsamixer it seems you can record from
all of them simultanously at different levels for each source.

Granted, it seens that 'Line' have no capture, but Line2, Aux2, Analog
Mix, IEC958 Optical, Mic, Music, PCM and Audigy CD does.

Which one might work I do not yet know (if any), but my guess would be
either Line2 or Analog Mix. Try turning up the volume for capture on
these and mute Line2 and Analog Mix. Any luck? What about the other
ones?

I will agree that it is very confusing with all these settings but I
suppose if utilized correctly they can be immensely useful.

Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>