[mythtv-users] Problem with MythTV 15.1

dennis at demarco.com dennis at demarco.com
Sat Jun 12 11:57:35 EDT 2004

I have the following issue when I try to watch LiveTV:

I get a blank screen.

When I looked at the output of MythBackend:

 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
 Error getting format
 VIDIOC_G_FMT:: Invalid Argument

MythFrontend has the following information:

 QSocketEDevice::writeBlock: Invalid socket
 2004-06-012 10:43:40 Error Writting stringlist
 Remote encoder not responding.

This apparently puts MythBackend in 'Braindead' mode. I can not list any
previous recording that I have, and mythtv complains about a protocol
Version error. If I restart Mythbackend, it fixes this 'braindead' state
and i can see past previous recordings I did in MythTV ver 14.

I'm using the following versions:

I am able to watch live tv fine, with mplayer using
mplayer /dev/video0. This confirms my ivtv working correctly outside of

Any ideas?