[mythtv-users] myth, alsa bt87x loses sound after a while

Adam Felson a.f.5 at pobox.com
Sat Jun 12 11:00:19 EDT 2004

Tried alsa version 1.0.5a and myth with alsa's bt87x driver also loses
sound after a while.  This time the box recorded about 40 shows over 3
days before the sound crapped out.  There are two 87x video capture
cards and the bug will hit either one randomly.  When the sound dies,
the error logs fill with:
	only read -1 from 4096 bytes from '/dev/dsp1'
	read audio: Input/output error

Restarting the backend doesn't help.  System has to be rebooted;  system
doesn't have to be power cycled.

Has anybody else seen this problem?  Is anybody having success with the
alsa bt87x driver?  Anybody have success with the OSS btaudio driver?
When I initially tried the OSS driver, all I got was noise.

--
Adam Felson <a.f.5 at pobox.com>