[mythtv-users] Avermedia DVB-T 771 working

Bill Coghill bill at bcd.cx
Sat Jun 12 03:14:34 EDT 2004

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

>The 771 appears to be a newer card with a different front-end. It may be
>for sale in Australia now, but when I bought an Aver DVB-T card in
>February in Melbourne it was the original model (sp887x frontend).
>
>dvb-kernel is the current driver tree; you wouldn't want to switch back
>to the older drivers as they're no longer developed.
>
>Hamish

Hi Hamish,

Ah that makes more sense now - I remember someone on one of the DVB
lists mentioning that the DVB-T was going to be have a different front
end introduced at some time in the future.

I still have some problems with the dvb-kernel drivers, but the newer
CVS myth versions seem to have improved DVB support a lot - ie Tuning to
a bad channel or excessively bad signal will at least not Seg Fault as
it used to.

Do you ever have issues with Channel 7 ? - specifically when going form
programmes to ads - they seem to change the aspect ratio which causes a
freeze for a second, but then comes back good.  Also SBS seems a lot
more prone to interference - although it might be due to SBS being the
only UHF dvb channel.

bill.