[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase failing on DataDirect connection

Curt Parker dirt at dixie-net.com
Fri Jun 11 23:33:56 EDT 2004

OK, some new information.  Someone with more experience than I is having
the same problem as me.  Here is his response from the gentoo forums:

Quothe MisterX:
---------------------------------
upgraded to .15 and cannot get datadirect to behave. Same symptoms as
above.

I've tried wget 1.9-r2 and 1.9.1-r2 and neither of them seem to
understand the headers datadirect's webservice is returning. I did some
tethereal sniffing just to make sure the basic auth headers were getting
sent... they are.

The first web transaction, wget is posting the http basic auth headers,
gets a 401 status with a WWWAuthenticate header.

The second transaction, wget posts again, this time completely without
an auth header. This one, of course, gets a 401 as well.

Perhaps something we can put in a .wgetrc or something that will honor
the header datadirect sends back???