[mythtv-users] [was: Advantages of 2.6 kernel -- SATA now: SATA

Franco net.surfer at tiscalinet.it
Fri Jun 11 13:09:42 EDT 2004

>> Though, I am sure that the FC1 kernel can be compiled with SATA
>> support; what I don't know, is how to hack the installation CDs
>> to replace the default kernel with my modified kernel.

> You did not specify which SATA controller you have in your box.

My SATA controller is a VIA: and there is a sata_via.o module
native in kernel 2.4 (at least, in the latest versions)

> - http://www.linuxforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8004   (see the
> comment from bootloader)

Thank you; this one should apply to my controller, too,
I am a bit worried on the "type very quickly" part of it
(will I be able to be enough fast?); but, I wonder,
situations like this should be quite common: is it possible
that there isn't an easier method provided by RedHat/Fedora ?

Franco