[mythtv-users] new video card, or vga-->tv adapter

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jun 10 21:45:40 EDT 2004

> is an issue--I
> don't want to spend more than about $30, which is what I can
> get an ATI 32MB
> PCI card for on eBay. Which would work best? If it's the adapter, can
> someone recommend a brand?

For not much more you can buy a Nvidia card with a s-video and composite
output and avoid all the trouble you will have trying to run a ATI card. The
5200 comes to mind as a good choice and has great linux support and
reasonably stable drivers. The cheapest adaptor I have seen is around $90
and it only has a fair output quality so there are several drawbacks with
trying to run an converter.