[mythtv-users] BT878 vs PVR-250

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 19:04:43 EDT 2004

I originally started off with a BT878 card, and wound
up sinking the money for a pair of PVR-x50's (one
PVR-250, one PVR-350).

The PVR-250 gives a much better picture quality, lower
CPU, and the resulting files are MPEG-2, so which
makes DVD authoring a lot easier (no transcoding
necessary).

I don't recall any frame rate issues though.  I think
that's more to do with the output, than the input.

-- Joe