[mythtv-users] Old topic rehashed - X-less backend?

Tom Wardill myth at twardill.net
Thu Jun 10 15:53:15 EDT 2004

Try checking whether mysql is only binding to 127.0.0.1. It's in my.conf (or
my.cnf) somewhere.
I'm running a gentoo backend, and had to comment out the bind = 127.0.0.1
line to allow external access to the mysql server. The grant the privilegs
and everything should run okay.
The  bind line can be altered to make it more secure, but I'm not too
bothered about it. YMMV.
Hope this helps.
Tom