[mythtv-users] OT: hardware advice

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 15:28:55 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 19:33, Stephen Tait wrote:

> Also bear in mind that I have no idea what yor orignal setup was, so please
> ignore me if I'm coming from the stating the bleedin' obvious department.

*chuckles*

actually you've made a few interesting points there..

this *will* be used for linux running a Myth box.. not decided yet on
whether to replace the backend or frontend with it though.. as they both
could do with something a little better than what they have at the
moment

after reading a review I was looking forward to seeing how the sound
card works.. but am suspecting it won't be *much* better than the SB
Live 5.1 that I have in my exising frontend..

my *original* setup when I had the Abit board was under windows
(Photoshop and Dreamwaver for work) but I've got a new development
machine anyways.. so will be using this board to replace my myth backend
(hopefully)

Thanks for your points though.. will be helpful :)

Craig