[mythtv-users] Cheap PVR350 Card?

David Huseby david at surreal.com
Thu Jun 10 13:33:16 EDT 2004

-] You *do* want a 350 if you're using a mobo without (decent)
-] graphics or
-] CPU, such as the VIA EPIA boards. These can't have AGP cards
-] fitted, the
-] onboard video is usually quite sucky (although some models
-] do have built-in
-] MPEG2 decoding themselves - not sure if this works in Linux
-] though) and the
-] CPU's aren't very powerful. Hence they have a hard time
-] decoding MPEG2, so
-] you'd want to use a 350 to do that for you.

The new EPIA-M boards have built-in MPEG2 hardware decoder.  Does
anybody know if it is supported under Linux?  I've been considering the
EPIA-M for my front-end hardware but I want to make sure that I don't
also have to buy an MPEG2 decoder card such as a 350 to make it work.

Dave