[mythtv-users] Multiple capture cards, single video source, and scheduling

Bob Cottingham bob at bobnvic.com
Thu Jun 10 10:17:27 EDT 2004

Chris Strom said:
> I know this does not answer your question with regards to scheduling,
> but whenever I watch live TV, the first thing that I do is switch
> capture cards (with the `y' key).  I don't do that to get around the
> scheduling issue, but because my first capture card is a bt878, while my
> second is a pvr250.

You know you could change the order of the capture cards in the backend
setup and then you wouldn't have to change cards every time.  You'd have
to delete the cards first and then reenter them with the PVR250 card
first. Then reassign the source to the cards. There is a preferences field
in the capturecard table, which presumably would allow you to adjust the
card ordering without doing any of the above, but I've never looked at it
to see if it works.

Bob