[mythtv-users] PVR-x50 lockups and live TV?

Jim Jarrett jarrett at rpa.net
Wed Jun 9 21:59:31 EDT 2004

I am running a fairly current CVS drop of Myth, and IVTV 0.1.9, with two
PVR-250's, under Mandrake 9.1.

I still get the lock up if I watch live TV without pausing for 30 seconds.

Is there anything I should upgrade that has fixed that?  From what I
gathered on the IVTV site, drivers beyond 0.1.9 are "Experimental" and
aren't guaranteed to even work:

> I've decided to stop work on 0.1.x and focus my efforts on 0.2.x. I don't mind
> if others want to submit patches or work on the old code, but i won't be
> answering questions or programming for it.
>
> ATTENTION: the "Latest CVS tarball" link will be 0.2.x code from now on. This
> code is extremely unstable, and it WILL crash your system. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO
> USE IT for anything other than development or testing. It currently does not
> even capture video, and it won't do so for a while. If you want to use ivtv,
> grab release 0.1.9 from the project page.

Has 0.1.10 with Myth progressed to a usable point?

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett at rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |