[mythtv-users] Problem with status.php in MythWeb

Harry Orenstein harryo at hotpop.com
Wed Jun 9 20:24:15 EDT 2004

I have a problem getting status.php to display in MythWeb.

If I change the readfile command in status.php to be hard-
coded for "http://127.0.0.1:6544" then the page displays.

If I add a php error command right before the readfile to
display the $masterhost and $statusport values read from
the database I get 127.0.0.1 and 6544 respectively.

But the unmodified status.php spins and spins and never
displays the page.  It eventually times out.

I am running on MDK9.1 (dist Apache and php RPMs)
and Myth 0.15.1 and do not have a canonical
name set on my server (no DNS server, just 127.0.0.1).
All other screens in MythWeb seem to work OK (but I
do sometimes have problems where the browser wants
to load the .php as a file (pop-up for application used
to open the page comes up).  I saw another message
yesterday that suggested the solution to a problem was
to set the server_domain constant in conf.php to be
127.0.0.1.  Doing this has no effect.  Not sure what other
info might be pertinent.

Any suggestions would be welcome.  TIA!!

-- Harry O.