[mythtv-users] OT: HDTV artifacts/waviness

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Wed Jun 9 19:44:52 EDT 2004

This might be off topic, but I'm sure there are HDTV users here that
have seen similar results.

Some of the HDTV (1920x1080i) content I have has strange waviness during
motion.  It creates what I guess I could best describe as a 'fat'
interlaced picture.  You can see a screen shot here:
http://www.sturgeonfamily.com/images/screenshot.php  I have tried
various deinterlacing filters, but none have any effect.  I'm guessing
I'm missing something really basic here.

The screen shot is during a panning scene so the poles in the background
are exhibiting the waviness as well.  If anybody has any thoughts, I'd
love to hear them.

--
John Sturgeon <><