[mythtv-users] Playing iTunes/AAC files in MythMusic

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Wed Jun 9 19:01:57 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 18:43, Peter Martens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I already posted this question a while ago, but... no answer. So, I
> 'll try again.
> Can anyone tell me if (and maybe how) it is possible to play AAC-files
> (created with iTunes) in MythMusic. I converted my whole music-library
> to AAC a few months ago (iPOD, you know!) and it would be great to be
> able to play all this music through MythMusic.

	It's not in core myth or mythmusic yet. If you're feeling adventurous,
you can get a cvs copy of mfd (myth frontend daemon) and mfe (myth
frontend). Read the README's, compile, install, and run.

	These packages will automagically (Rendezvous/zeroconfig) let your Myth
box play iTunes content and let iTunes play mythcontent (music sharing).
Moreover, they'll convert flac/ogg/etc. to wav on the fly while serving
content to iTunes. Mighty spiffy.

	Not for the faint of heart though, as they are still under heavy
development (that's why they haven't been released yet).

- thor