[mythtv-users] Ratpoison overscan

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 14:12:29 EDT 2004

>When running external players (ie xine or mplayer for DVDs) a lot of
>people on this list have reported loss of focus problems if they don't
>use a wm.  If all you run is mythfrontend, then I can't see any need for
>a wm.

I had the same problem even with a WM (fluxbox) - whenever mPlayer kicked
in, I had no control over it at all. Some have suggested this may have been
due to me using sloppy focus rather than default click-focus.

However, it remedied itself once I installed 0.15.1. Go figure!

Or maybe go read changelog...