[mythtv-users] RS 15-2116 with xbox (was: Can a universal remote..)

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jun 8 21:13:35 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 15:15, Brad Fritz wrote:
> Apologies to the list for asking an off-topic question.
> Jarod,
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 12:35:12PM -0700, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> > Or do what I did:
> >
> > http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/remotes.php
> I noticed you said you wanted to control your X-Box with your
> universal remote.  Have you been able to successfullly replace
> the DVD module remote with the RS 15-2116 ?

Yep. No probelm whatsoever. The X-Box remote is made by RCA, so I believe it
was just a matter of using the right RCA DVD player code. I'm controlling the
X-Box, a Yamaha amp, a Panasonic HDTV, a Technics CD changer, a Motorola
cable box and my Myth box, no problem. And I've successfully used this remote
with the PVR-x50 IR dongle, a USB MCE receiver and an AVerTV Studio's IR

- --
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...