[mythtv-users] Live TV on PVR350 + Screen size

Aleksander Solheim me at aleksander.org
Tue Jun 8 07:40:05 EDT 2004

Hi All!

I've, with no luck, tried to get my PVR350 to display live tv.

I have an old box (amd-500) with a new PVR350 setup after Jarod's howto
(thanks!). TV-out with X is working, tuner is tuned and capable of
capturing live tv + recording.

Now to the problem; When I enable the PVR350-decoder (in mythtv setup)
and then try to watch tv, then the picture ends up garbled. Audio is no
problem (can hear the correct channel), I can also switch channels, but
to no use as the whole thing is scrambled. Exiting 'live tv' takes me
back to the mythtv-menu, but this too now is garbled and I have to
reboot to get a viewable picture again. This leaves me to believe that
the PVR350 alters some settings?

Does anyone know which settings? Or what I can do to remedy this?

So to the next thing, the picture size. From what I understand the
picture output by mythtv-tvout should be larger than the visible are of
the tv to avoid unused areas and avoid the window mythtv runs in. But..
for me it is so large that I can't see all the options in the
'recordings' menu etc. Do I adjust this from XF86Config solely? I live
in Norway, PAL country.

Any hints would be appreciated.

I'm running:
- Mythtv 0.15