[mythtv-users] apt-get problems

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jun 8 00:51:36 EDT 2004

On Jun 7, 2004, at 20:05, Andy Long wrote:
> have you run "apt-get update"?

One cannot run apt-get update if one does not have apt-get... There's a
problem with ATrpms, which I've already mentioned to Axel. Apparently,
the only apt and synaptic packages now available are not installable,
because they were built against and depend on rpm 4.3.1, which is
currently in at-bleeding. The work-arounds are 1) wait for Axel to
remedy the situation with the repo or 2) manually upgrade rpm to 4.3.1
and re-install the apt packages, then you should be able to continue
apt-get'ing.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com