[mythtv-users] driving 1080i with 540p interlacing...

David Huseby david at surreal.com
Mon Jun 7 21:06:14 EDT 2004

I've got a Mitsu 55" HDTV that has BNC connectors for RGB H/V and I have
a VGA to RGB H/V cable for it.  I've never tried this but I've heard
that you can configure X to run at 1280x540p/interlacing to drive a
1080i TV.  Can anybody confirm that and does anybody know how to set it
up so that I can use MythTV using my VGA to RGB H/V cable?

Sorry for so many questions lately but I'm starting the wiring this
weekend and putting the whole system together over the next few weeks.
I was planning on photographing the whole install and putting together a
HOW-TO for other media junkies out there.

Dave