[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA-M as a tiny frontend

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Jun 7 04:38:15 EDT 2004

On Jun 7, 2004, at 1:21 AM, Per Åge Sørvik wrote:

> anders smith wrote:
>
>> I'm just not a great fan of slim line drives and was hoping to find a
>> dongle style powersupply (like most laptops use) and then build a
>> very compact box with just a standard dvd drive and the me6000 so
>> that I get a completely fan less frontend unit around 40cm x 20cm x
>> 5cm.....
>>
>> Do you have any pointers as to what might be the least painless way
>> to get the dvd in the otherwise disk less frontend?
>>
> If you don't want slimline drives, then you either have to get a
> larger box, or an external drive. Personally I don't have anything
> against slimline drives, but I guess an external firewire drive could
> be just  as nice, but a bit more expensive.

I opted to simply go driveless in the Travla C137 I just set up
(booting FC1 over NFS). All my movies and music are already on my file
server, and in the prior six months, I don't think the system the
Travla replaced had a single CD or DVD put in it...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/