[mythtv-users] Problem with ALSA, FC1, and nforce audio following Jarod's Guide

Jon Kunze jkunze at pop3.utoledo.edu
Sun Jun 6 19:26:44 EDT 2004

For some reason ALSA is just not working for me at all. I start out by
disabling aRts as the guide says. I then go through the apt-get steps to get
the alsa files, as well as installing the gnome-alsamixer. I then go into my
modules.conf file and remove these three lines:

1. alias sound-slot-0 intel8x)
2. post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
3. pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null
2>&1 || :

I then reboot and get no errors at start up. Next I run the alsaconf and let
it run its course, followed by creating the .asoundrc file in my
/home/mythtv directory. At this point, I start gnome-alsamixer, and there
are no sliders available or anything for that matter. When I click on
File->Propertires the program crashes. I have no sound as well. I've gone
through the steps 3 times and each time I get the same outcome. Does anyone
have any ideas that would help me out here? Any help would be appreciated.

FYI: I'm running the Chaintech 7NIF2 board and am attempting to use the
onboard sound for this.

Thanks,

Jon