[mythtv-users] pvr250mce can see TV but VERY bad picture (mostly static)

Dex West dexwest at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 13:29:02 EDT 2004

So I've installed FC2 and ivtv (0.1.10-pre2-ck73n).
I'm currently manually starting the ivtv modules.  My
question is what settings should I be changing to
improve the tuner?  It just looks like its not the
right settings.  Here's my info on my setup:

modprobe msp3400
modprobe videodev
modprobe saa7115
modprobe ivtv cardtype=2  # to avoid lockup

modprobe tuner type=2  # what is displayed after
I'm in US using a Dish Network receiver, which is
plugged in before the myth box.

When I run mplayer /dev/video0 I can see a picture but
its just really bad (mostly all static).  I think I
saw the same thing on a different system when running
a bttv card, but the findcard script eventually found
a good picture.

Also I'm sure this has been covered previously, so if
you could give me some words to search for I'd
appreciate it.

Do you Yahoo!?