[mythtv-users] Database problem after upgrade to .15

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Sun Jun 6 05:41:34 EDT 2004

> I just upgrade from 0.14 to 0.15 using apt-get. It seemed to go smoothly
> and
> did not crash.
> Unfortunately on first running mythbackend, I got the following error:
> <errors snipped>
> And I have no idea what to do!
> Can anyone help?

Usual steps, manually fix and apply anything that didn't take up to rev X
(look in mythtv/lib/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp or http://tinyurl.com/27kqk
), then UPDATE your DBSchemaVer and restart the backend and let it apply the
rest.

Your fixes started out bad from the beginning though, in response to a
duplicate column you deleted from channel where value='commfree'? The errors
you get latter on are to be expected as you've missed some updates (it
doesn't look like you had a good 1028 run for example).

You need to UPDATE the settings table not INSERT, you've now got at least
two DBSchemaVer rows in there (the nature of the settings table prevents a
good unique constraint).

You might want to play around with something like MySQL Control Center which
may make seeing what is going on easier.

--
Anduin Withers