[mythtv-users] totally confused about remotes.

Bret Wade bretwade at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 6 02:10:38 EDT 2004

An alternative way to handle the remote issue is to use an IR keyboard
with a JP1 compatible remote (Radio Shack or One For All) that can be
configured to send keyboard commands. See
http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/ for details. You need to pick a keyboard
that has an upgrade file available for it. I use the Liteon. In the end
you have a single remote that controls all devices including the linux
box. You can create  custom hot-key commands for the window manager and
then created a macro on the remote to send the appropriate hot-key sequence.

My configuration is an RS 15-2117 controlling:
Panasonic SA-XR25 AV receiver using device key macros
Sony DirecTivo using JP1 upgrade
MythTV box w/ Liteon SK-7551 IR keyboard -upgrade (Airboard-KM-All
Commands.txt )
Panasonic DMR-E55K DVD recorder - no upgrade needed

Bret