[mythtv-users] Brand new hardware

Stephen s019 at krans.org
Sat Jun 5 23:52:35 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 06:19:13PM -0700, Ryan Allen wrote:

> Hi List,
>
>     If you were to purchase a brand new system, fully set up for MythTV,
>     save the hardware decoder perhaps, where would you go for the
>     system?
[..]

I just bought a Dell PE400SC which works wonderfully as a backend
server.  It's almost silent, cool, has quality components, and
inexpensive.  The Dell deal of the day I took advantage of was $299
after rebate and included a free P4 2.4GHz (HT) CPU upgrade.  The only
thing I needed to add was more memory.  You can read more about them
here:

http://www.aaltonen.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8