[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase troubles (was: graboptions : was SQL errors withmythfilldatabase --graboptions and tv_grab_au)

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Sat Jun 5 21:39:23 EDT 2004

> I guess I'll just have to change my cron job to do a two stage
process.

I've now got a cron job that grabs my listings using tv_grab_au, and
then populates the database using mythfilldatabase, but I'm running into
trouble.

Here's my cron job:-

#! /bin/sh

QTDIR=/usr/qt/3
/usr/bin/tv_grab_au --output /var/log/mythtv/schedule_1.xml --days 1
--offset 1 --slow
/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file 1 1
/var/log/mythtv/schedule_1.xml
/usr/bin/tv_grab_au --output /var/log/mythtv/schedule_7.xml --days 1
--offset 7 --slow
/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file 1 7
/var/log/mythtv/schedule_7.xml

It works for the first grab/fill cycle (tomorrow's data), but not for
the second (a week from now.) The xml file looks OK, but if I run
mythfilldatabase, I just get:-

### bypassing grabbers, reading directly from file
Updating icons for sourceid: 1
Adjusting program database end times...
0 replacements made.

It seems that mythfilldatabase won't add data from the schedule unless
the show is already in the database. If the show's there (because I
already have data for tomorrow) it replaces every show with that from
the detailed grab. If it's not, it ignores it. What's more, if I
subsequently do a 'normal' mythfilldatabase, it replaces all the
'detailed' shows with what it's just grabbed i.e. I lose all the
descriptions etc.

A workaround would be to do a full week's grab without the detail so
that a whole week's data is in the database, and then do a detailed grab
to replace every show with detailed data, but that's messy, requires
about 2MB download per day, and could therefore see me blocked from the
site!

What I'd like to do is just grab detailed data for tomorrow and one week
away, and add them both to the database. Any hints?

Cheers,

Jon