[mythtv-users] lirc 0.7.0pre4 hangs on second access

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Sat Jun 5 17:41:17 EDT 2004

Just emerged lirc 0.7.0pre3 (and then pre4) on my gentoo-dev-sources
2.6.5-r1 machine. It used to run 2.6.4 and lirc 0.7.0pre2 which worked
perfectly.

My problem is that the second time I run something that uses lirc, it
stops responding. The only way to get it working again is to reload the
lirc_i2c and lirc_dev kernel modules...

The outputs from neither "lircd -n -d /dev/lirc/lirc0" or "irw" give me no
hints at all. The client program connects just fine so I suspect that the
problem is not in the userspace lirc code, but I don't know enough about
kernel compiling to fix this. :(

I read about the problems with lirc 0.7.0pre3 with the PVRx50 remote
receivers but that specific problem is fixes in pre4, at least that's how
I understand it.

/ Niklas