[mythtv-users] MPEG-4 Decoder hardware

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sat Jun 5 16:23:40 EDT 2004

Is there any known MPEG-4 decoder hardware that works with MythTV?  I'm
looking to build a frontend utilizing and old PIII-450 and my main
backend has a WinTV card that I record in RTJPEG on and transcode much
of it to MPEG-4 for storage.  I also have a large number of Videos that
I have encoded as MPEG-4 and I'd love to have a frontend that could play
this back using my existing hardware.   I've come across some boards
from Sigma Designs but didn't see much in the way of Linux support nor
could I tell that if it did have Linux drivers if those would be enough
to work with MythTV or if something more was necessary.

Thanks,
Kevin