[mythtv-users] Problems with the VIA KM400 chipset

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jun 4 23:29:36 EDT 2004

>but have heard that there are problems with the ivtv driver and via
chipsets.
>Is that just limited the the KT133/KT266, or is it all Via chips?

This is purely my personal opinion so its worth what it cost you.

I do not know about the KM400 but why take the chance at all. Purchase a
motherboard based on a Nvidia chipset and you will have a board based on a
well supported design. I had nothing but troubles with my KT133 based system
so now avoid them like the plague. :)

Bill