[mythtv-users] Double LIRC keys in SOME Myth Menus FIXED

Dave and Lisa Hofstra lisadaveh at comcast.net
Fri Jun 4 07:34:07 EDT 2004

I had written 2 other posts about how my homebrew reciever using LIRC
0.6.6 was generating 2 keystrokes in certain Myth Menus (like Music
browsing or Watch Recordings).  Even though these menus reliably would
use 2 keystrokes for every 1 button press on my remote, other menus
(like main menu and program guide) would only use 1 keystroke for each 1
button pressed on my remote.

I have FIXED this issue for me, but I have not SOLVED the problem why it
is doing that.  I am posting my results in case other people might find
this info useful.

I compiled myth with LIRC support per the docs, and stopped using
IRXEVENT to send the keystrokes to Myth.  I then setup a proper lircrc
file in ~/.mythtv/lircrc.  Now, using native LIRC support, I get every
keypress is properly recognized.  (And NO, I didnt have duplicate
entries in .lircrc for IRXEVENT, i checked that a google times.)

I can only assume that either IRXEVENT was causing the fault (but I
doubt it cuz it only happened in certain Myth Menu's, and never happend
in any other program like xine, or a simple text editor)

So, I think it must be the way that 0.6.6 IRXEVENT and Myth communicate
with each other.

At anyrate if you are having annoying double keypresses in certain Myth
Menus.... recompile myth with LIRC support and redo your .lircrc to
~/.mythtv/lircrc and it might solve your problem

Thank you

David Hofstra