[mythtv-users] Offline DataDirect database updates how?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 3 18:13:04 EDT 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Thursday 03 June 2004 03:52 pm, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>>Use tv_grab_na_dd (see below).
>>

><snip>
>

>>This process would be much easier than incorporating code that processes
>>the DD XML file into Myth.
>>

>No, it wouldn't.  Just have to bypass the call to wget, like the rest of the
>code bypasses calling an xmltv grabber when the --file option is specified.
>Simple stuff, almost anyone should be able to make that change.
>
>Additionally, by using the xmltv dd grabber, you're not getting all the data
>that's present in the dd xml information.

I stand corrected.  I guess I should have looked at the source before
assuming it would take a lot of changes.

It's also good to know that you get more data from the internal
grabber.  Does that mean that some of the DD data doesn't make it into
the XMLTV output or that mythfilldatabase's XMLTV parser doesn't use all
of the XMLTV data?

Mike