[mythtv-users] capture card setup/problem

Troy Roberts troy at pdaverticals.com
Thu Jun 3 13:44:36 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a backend system with 3 x PVR-350 cards in it, the cards are each
connected to basic cable service (ie not digital cable through a cable
box) - if I have set a program to record Channel 'x' at say 9pm, if I am
watching live TV when that recording profile kicks in, I get the overlay
up that asks what I want to do (watch and record, return to the menu,
cancel the recording).

My question is this - is there something that is set up in my
configuration that is wrong, or why would the recording request go to
the next available capture source instead of trying to compete for the
one I am currently using live tv for?

Thanks,
Troy