[mythtv-users] X and Y offsets not working in .15?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Jun 3 06:44:23 EDT 2004

	I just played with that last night and can confirm that my offsets are
also not working.  I seem to remember I had an issue with either the offset or
size in 0.14, but can't recall right now what it was.  I'm running the 0.15.1
right now... didn't try the offsets when I briefly ran the 0.15CVS or 0.15
release.

-Cory

 On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Stephen Nickels wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Last night I performed a major upgrade on my Myth box, and after a bit
> of work, almost everything seems to be working fine again. The only
> problem is that the X and Y offset settings no longer seem to have any
> effect.
>
> The box is running Slackware-Current and uses a PVR-350 for tuner and
> TV-out functions. Before the upgrade, it had been a little while since I
> had refreshed the slackware packages, so a number of things changed.
> Most notably was the change from XFree86 to Xorg for the X11 stuff. This
> seems to have worked just fine (after I copied XF86Config to xorg.conf).
> I also upgraded to Myth 0.15.1, which also seems to be working correctly.
>
> However, when I finally got everything sorted out and got Myth running
> on the TV, the GUI was offset a ways to the top and left of the screen,
> and didn't reach the full length or height. I figured my offsets had
> been reset during the upgrade, so I went to change them, but they still
> had the offsets from .14 (which looked just fine with .14).
>
> When I started fiddling around with the screen size and offset
> parameters, I found that while changes to the screen size values did
> have an effect, the offsets did not. No matter what offsets I set, the
> upper-left corner of the GUI still remained off the top and left of the
> screen.
>
> Anybody run into this problem at all with .15? Since so much changed on
> my box, I don't know if the issue is Myth or Xorg, or something else.
> All I know is that running Myth .14 with XFree86 before the upgrade
> worked correctly.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer!
>
> --Steve

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*