[mythtv-users] To those experiencing backend crashes (mythbackend 0.15 crash)

Eric Hattemer eric at hattenator.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 2 15:09:09 EDT 2004

>So, ah, why don't you just get a backtrace like the docs instruct you to do
>when you're experiencing crashes/lockups?
>
>Isaac

I'm not trying to be hurtful or blameful or anything.  I haven't had a
chance to set it up with debugging yet.  I kept the subject theme of
"crashing", but there really is no crash in my case.  The backend even
seems to keep doing stuff, so I'm not sure if the backtrace would have a
stopping point.  I will try to compile it with debug info and produce
some useable back/stacktraces when I have a chance.

I just wanted to know if there was something simple in common with those
experiencing these problems.  It doesn't seem to be a problem for a lot
of people.  So if it is a RedHat/Mandrake issue, an upgrade issue, or
something like that, there may not be a developer patch necessary (or
possible).  The idea that it only is a problem for a few people made me
thing it was probably something I was doing wrong.  I will try to submit
some debugging info if I have time anyway.

-Eric Hattemer