[mythtv-users] RTJPEG size oddity

Alexander Petkov ap154036 at cue1.umt.edu
Wed Jun 2 11:42:09 EDT 2004

My setup:

2 bttv cards.
MythTV CVS from Sunday prior to the .15 release.
Sb Live value & Enosniq PCI audio cards.
Celeron 1.4G with 384M RAM.
RTJPEG setting of 120 for the default profile, size 432x432.
XFS to store recordings.

When I record 1 show at a time, the size is about 1.1G for 1/2 hour show, and about 2.27G for 1-hour program.

When I record 2 shows at a time, the size of each grows quite a bit-- about 7-8G for 1/2 show.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening? Not a big deal, it's just a bit odd... At present I use RTJPEG since it provides better quality on my limited CPU-power system.