[mythtv-users] DVB on FC2

Paul Woodward paul_woodward at fastnet.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 06:35:58 EDT 2004

Hi Danny,

You don't need to upgrade to FC2 to get DVB working in the kernel. It's poretty
easy just to compile up a 2.6 kernel (I use 2.6.3 on FC1) adding in the DVB
options - no patching required. I had firmware loading issues with 2.6.4, 2.6.5
& 2.6.6.

Likewise myth is now fairly easy to build from source, especially with apt-get
to fetch all the dependencies. I did however find that I needed to download
some of the source for packages which myth requires for building and simlink
them to the myth code tree. I couldn't figure out what apt-get was doing when I
downloaded source packges.

There is a lot to be gained from braving a proper build process...

Paul